Sunday, March 14, 2010

PLASTIC BEACH!


Plastic Beach-Gorillaz




Initially I was very much in two minds about this album. It is so insanely different from anything I've heard before, which makes it hard to place, and even harder to rate.

Now, however, after having listened to it several times, I'm loving it! Infact it's all I'm listening to at the moment. I love how the Gorillaz are so susceptible to change, and so extremely innovative. They also collaborated with some very cool artists on this album, among others Kano, Mos Def, De La Soul, The Lebanses National Orchestra for Oriental Arabic Music (!). My favourite at the moment is Sweepstakes ft Mos Def (anything with Mos Def has got to be good ;)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSDJtz5RzRI

And then of course the album's cover is too sick...



No comments:

Post a Comment